Rockhampton Happy Hounds & Secure Dog Walking Fields
Data Controller and Data Processors
Rockhampton Happy Hounds & Secure Dog Walking Fields is the Data Controller and responsible for the protection of your personal data in our care. You have the individual rights given to you by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which came into force on 25 May 2018 and is overseen in this country by the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
- Quedgeley Computer Solutions (QCS) is engaged as a Data Processor for us and is authorised by us to have visibility of some of your personal data (but not financial data at this time) solely for the purposes of customer support (i.e. dealing with technical and business issues on our behalf) and website/Acuity Booking support (technical and business development to make the tools run well for us all) as instructed by us or determined reasonably by them in the course of their duties with us. They are registered with the ICO and we have a 2 way Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) in place for the further protection of all parties.
- BT currently hosts our emails (we plan to retire this soon) and therefore stores your emails, email addresses and any communications.
- Vistaprint and its providers (soon to be Wix) host the website and the domain emails (used by the refreshed website) so it will hold the contents submitted by you into any of the forms on the website and your email address and emails sent directly to the domain emails.
- Squarespace (for the Acuity booking system) holds your name, email address and phone number. Please see below for more on this.
- An accountant with some visibility of personal data (maybe names but not phone numbers, email addresses nor bank details).
Neither QCS nor we will knowingly use your data for any other purpose nor ever sell it to others nor disclose it unless required by law.
Lawful Basis for Processing
There are 6 permitted reasons to hold and process data under GDPR (each is known as a lawful basis for processing). Our customers approach us to hire our fields and to enrol in our dog training courses. In both cases, we process their personal data under the lawful basis of Contract which simply means we are allowed to hold and process your data to fulfil any contract (or engage in discussions before we agree to a contract). We have to keep financial records for HMRC. In that regard, your data is processed under the lawful basis of Legal Obligation.
Data Gathered and Being Processed
Fundamentally, the data we hold and actively process consists of your name, phone number and email address. We do not usually process financial data (i.e. card or bank details) as this is usually handled by our Data Processor Squarespace via the Acuity Booking System (this will be more prevalent when we move our dog training classes to Acuity soon). Where customers pay us by cheque or electronic fund transfer, we may be able to determine the bank details but we do not actively seek or use it. Your IP address (which is personal data) may be logged by any of the direct and indirect systems used to access the internet, operate our emails, the website and the Acuity booking system. We do not actively store or use your IP address. Vistaprint logs website usage data (i.e. which pages are viewed the most and by what device types).
Where we discuss Vistaprint's servers, we mean this to represent the website platform which they subcontract out so in reality, the personal data may be stored on Vistaprint's servers and/or the servers of the company that provides the website platform for them. The platform is moving to Wix sometime in summer 2022. The servers for Squarespace, Vistaprint and the Website Platform provider are possibly not in the UK but suitable data privacy compliance statements should be in place for UK customers as these are not small companies we are dealing with.
There have been no known incidents with these parties and our handling of your data to date. We will keep our processes under review.